Getting away with commercial oven cleaners is a smart decision that you can treat yourself and your treasured oven. The toxic ingredients that they contain are harmful to your health and your oven’s functionality. That said, nothing beats an oven cleaner that does a fast and efficient job matched with a very affordable price tag.
Restoring your messy and dirty oven into its good condition via a green recipe is but amazing. More so, cleaning your widely utilized kitchen appliance the natural way will save you money and time. Try this green oven cleaner recipe that will do wonders in your greasy oven.
How to Clean Ovens Naturally?
Materials: baking soda, water, gloves, damp dishcloth, silicone spatula, white vinegar and spray bottle
- Remove the oven racks, oven thermometer and everything inside your oven and set them aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with three tablespoons of water to form a baking soda paste. – Using the spatula, spread the paste on the surfaces inside your oven especially on soiled areas.
- Let the paste sit overnight to achieve desired results. After which, use a damp dishcloth and wipe out the baking soda paste that dried out.
- Use the spray bottle in spraying vinegar on areas that have the paste residue. This will make your cleaning faster.
- Continue to wipe off the baking paste and sprinkle a little vinegar until the interior surfaces of your oven are clean.
How Do I Clean My Oven Racks?
Materials: old towels, hot water, bathtub, dishwashing powder, and sponge
- Take out all of your racks from the oven.
- Place two towels on the bottom of your bathtub to prevent any possible scratching from the oven racks.
- Put your oven racks on the towels and pour hot water on the bathtub until the racks are covered.
- Soak the oven racks with ½ cup of your dishwashing powder. Leave it overnight.
- Using the sponge, wipe out any stains on the oven racks.
- Rinse with water and let the racks dry.
- Once completely dry, put back your racks in the oven.
Cleaning with Lemons
Another natural ingredient that can efficiently clean your oven is a lemon. Lemons are natural disinfectants and remove stains and dirt thanks to their acidity. Also, its refreshing smell will leave your oven a pleasant scent.
- Put a sliced lemon in a bowl of water and heat for 45 seconds using the oven.
- Remove the bowl from the oven and let the appliance cool.
- Note that the heated water and lemon will create vapors that will loosen the grease hence easily removing the grime and dirt.
- Once the oven has cooled off, wipe out the grime using a sponge. You can also use the sponge and lemon water in wiping the dirt faster and in removing foul odors.
Green Oven Cleaner vs. Commercial Cleaning Products
Commercial cleaning products are known to be effective in removing dirt and stains caused by countless roasting and baking in the oven. However, these cleaning items can create dangers to the health, especially to the skin.
Green oven cleaners are the natural ways in keeping your oven tidy and fresh without hurting your budget and health. On top of these benefits, the natural recipes in cleaning your greasy oven do the job quickly and accurately.